Hang Seng Management College (HSMC) has obtained funding from the Research Grants Council (RGC) for setting up a Research Institute for Business (RIB) under the Institutional Development Scheme 2015/16 of the RGC. RIB aims to provide support and coordinate research efforts in business research so that HSMC can advance the understanding of business practice with a focus of local relevance. It targets at enhancing HSMC’s research capability in business.
RIB organizes academic conference, seminars, workshops, and symposium to disseminate the research findings. From 2016, RIB continues to coordinate “Junzi Corporation Survey and Awards”, a large-scale public survey regarding business ethics. To support HSMC’s academic research, RIB has subscribed data services provided by Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS). In addition, RIB will establish two facilities: the Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing (CATI) Centre and Behavioral Laboratory.
To advance the understanding of local business practice and enhance theme-based research capabilities of the University.
To design, implement and advocate policies and measures to pursue innovative research in the area of business and management.
To achieve our vision and mission, our aims are to:
- Promote idea exchange through conducting research conference and research-related events
- Build up the academic capital of the College by facilitating opinion surveys and behavioral research on business-related issues and policies
- Enhance research collaboration with International and Mainland researchers
- Nurture the next generation of outstanding scholars and academics striving for research excellence
- Encourage the transfer of knowledge and research findings to community and classroom teaching